Your Career Services Department is committed to helping every student make the most of their education with you. But are you doing enough?
Students (and their parents) invest considerable time, money, and energy in their education, and they expect a proportionate return on that investment.
While many Career Services organizations provide guidance on picking a career, crafting a fit-for-purpose resume, perfecting interview skills, and connecting with job opportunities, one step in the process typically goes unaddressed:
the efficient transfer of the correct candidate information to recruiters / hiring managers.
A student is at a pronounced disadvantage, if they don’t understand:
- What position they’re seeking
- What type of job they want (permanent or contract)
- What pay range they’re seeking
- Where they want to work – or don’t want to work
- When they can interview
- When they can start
What’s more, if they can’t articulate all of the above, plus
- How they can be contacted
- Where to find their resume
it makes the job of recruiters and hiring managers harder than it needs to be. And it needlessly extends the process of connecting students with the right people who can connect them with the right opportunities.
But now Career Services Departments like yours can get the upper hand on this problem with two new resources:
- Live, real-time virtual training (via Zoom) that walks students through the steps of mastering the conversations they’ll have with recruiters, and
- The Recruitable app.
The whole point of my work – here on the Getting To Work site, and in my trainings – is to help you provide students pragmatic, hands-on, interactive access to real-world experience. Let me know how I can help.
To your success!